Between jobs, spouses, kids, deadlines and the daily demands of modern life, a well-coiffed hairdo is often last on the totem of importance. While few people - hairstylists included - have the time for a complicated hairstyle in the morning, it's safe to say that everyone feels good when they are having a good hair day. As the next post in our series of quick and easy 5-minute hairstyles, we're giving you a beautiful half-up braided look. To complete this style, all you'll need is one ponytail holder, an optional large clip and the ability to French braid. Let's get started!
1. Part your hair down the middle.
2. Create one French braid starting at the part, then either tie it off with a band, or clip it down - as long as it's secure.
3. Next, create the second French braid on the other side of the head and hold the end tightly in your hand so it doesn't come unraveled.
4. Holding onto the end of this second braid, undo the first braid from its band or clip, and tie the two French braids together in the middle of the back of your head with a single hair band.
5. Finally, pull the braids apart slightly for a little more fullness, and leave a little bit of hair out around the face for softness.
Time's up, you're done!